cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export the status code and ajax error code from browser snapshot data for analytics purpose?

I am trying to export the status code and ajax error code in user experience from browser snapshot data of respective requests for our analytics purpose? Is there any way to do this?

I tried with multiple options but am not sure how will be able to export these.

I have used analytics API as an alternative to fetch these values but I see ajax error value is always captured null for all the requests on the analytics level.

DhirajChoudhary_0-1628651746527.jpeg

You can see above our requirement is to just capture this status code and ajax error code for the respective API.

Please help me with this.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Team,

Thank you for the update!!

Is there any way to delete the custom metric that we have created on AppDynamics from the ADQL query on the analytics level as you suggested below?

Thanks and Regards,

Dhiraj Kumar

Post edited by @Claudia.Landivar to remove a phone number. Please do not share your or other phone numbers on community posts. 

I believe you can see the list of created metrics from Analytics->Metrics page.
You can delete the metrics on that page too.
DeleteAnalyticsMetrics.png

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Team,

Thank you for your quick response!!

One strange behavior we observed in AppDynamics Ajax error code(500 series error) count in analytics through ADQL and browser snapshot((500 series error))for the same base URL.

DhirajChoudhary_0-1630507166639.png

For Analytics above we get the count 522 for Ajax error code 500 series.

But for the same when we verified from browser snapshot as per my understanding for the same page name we should be getting the same count but we are getting only 228 counts for the same time range as you can see below.

DhirajChoudhary_1-1630507460480.png

why is there a difference in count in browser snapshot data and data we get through ADQL?

Do we have any restriction on the total no of counts that we get on browser snapshot data?

Please clarify that point. It would be really helpful in order to implement the same on the project level as we are planning to create some custom metrics using an ADQL analytics query. We observed these differences so just looking for some clarification to avoid any discrepancies later point in time.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhiraj Kumar

As written in the document below, browser snapshots are collected every minute from collection of beacon samples. All errors may not be captured but rather a sampling of them.

Therefore, the count in browser snapshots may be less than data from ADQL Analytics query.
With Analytics, every event(request) is captured, so the number from ADQL Analytics query should be accurate.

Best Regards,
Hiroki

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hello @Dhiraj.Choudhary,

Did you have any more follow-up questions for @Hiroki.Ito? Did he help answer your question? If so, be sure to click on the Accepted Solution button on one of his replies.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Rodson.Tadeu
Adventurer

Hi!

How did you get the http status code on BRUM?

Regards,