cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Service not able to start

saurav.kosankar
Adventurer

Hi Team,

I have recently install the AppDynamics platform admin on Linux Server and successfully install the controller through GUI. But I am not able to install Event Service.

(Note :- I have Two Linux Server, One for Platform Admin & Controller. The Second Server for Event Service.)

I have successfully add the Event Service Server Host in Hosts Tab through OPENSSH between Two Servers.While Installing Event Service I got the connection timeout error , unable to ping.

So i tried changing the property values in your events-services-api-store.properties file to IP address instead of hostnames.

Then Add the following environment variable to the new user.

export INSTALL_BOOTSTRAP_MASTER_ES8=true

After that I Restart the Event-Service(ES) manually using below command from event-service/processor directory.

bin/events-service.sh stop -f && rm -r events-service-api-store.id && rm -r elasticsearch.id
nohup bin/events-service.sh start -p conf/events-service-api-store.properties &

After following above steps, I get below error in Enterprise Console, while starting the Event Service

event-service error 1.jpgevent-service error 2.jpg

Please help me resolved this issue....

1 REPLY 1

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

I wanted to share a solution on behalf of @saurav.kosankar 

We have to just add the "U limits" in Event Service Server in /etc/security/limits.conf file and restart the server to apply changes take place.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.