cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EUM stops logging virtual pages when we upgraded the angular ui-router

john.omahony
Producer

Hi,

We have being using the virtual pages logging in the end user monitoring to give us very valuable information about our end users.

Recently we upgraded the angular ui-router from 0.4.2 to 1.0.6 and this has stopped virtual pages data from being recorded. From what I understand version 1.0 was a big change to the routing.

The company that I work for is using AppDynamics Version 4.3.5.7 and we are running on the Sass application that AppDynamics provides. I was wondering is there any plans to support the latest version of angular ui-router.

Any help with be greatly appreciated.

John.

11 REPLIES 11

Gaurav.Soni
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi John,

Can you try the 'Manually Initializing the JavaScript Agent (Optional)' way from the doc that will ensure the js agent initializes after the angular bootstrap? if this does not work we can join a WebEx call tomorrow or on Monday to troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Gaurav Soni

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Gaurav,

Sorry for my late reply. I was on holidays for the last month so I only got back to working on this problem this week.

We tried to Bootstrap Angular using the 'Manually Initializing the JavaScript Agent (Optional)' method but that did not fix the virtual page logging problem.

I got a web developer to create a polyfill with the stateChange events that are missing from the 1.0.x release of the angular ui-router (angular-ui-router.js). So he added the "stateEvents.min.js" to our javascript application bundles library and now the virtual page logging is working again for us.

These hooks into the stateChange events are used by AppDynamics to capture virtual pages and these events are missing from the latest release of the angular ui-router.

Regards John.