cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EUM BT correlation

gaurav.sharma
Voyager

HI  All, 

I have one question . Normally we see BT correlation b/w browser activity and its respective JVM . 

But im my case if i have passthrough layer of webserver  i.e.  browser --> webserver --> JVM . do we see the BT  correlation here ? please advise !! 

3 REPLIES 3

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Gaurav

First Question is, do you have all 3 layers instrumented?

1. Front End With Adrum End User Monitoring

2. WebServer , with AppAgent?

3. JVM App server with AppAgent?

If you only have 1 & 3, unless there is something within the webserver that removes the correlation headers, what will happen is that you will see a correlation in e.g the snapshot that shows the time from Browser > JVM, even though there is a WebServer in-between.

If you have all 3 layers instrumented, you will still see the correlation between all 3. You will see the Browser correlation to the backend webserver BT, which then will show a downstream call to the JVM(App Server) BT

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

HI Mario ,

First of all thanks for reply .

FYI ... Instrumentation is available for front end and JVM . Weblayer is not instrumented yet. But as you mentioned we can correlation b/w frontend and JVM through snapshot  correct ? 

Mario.Morelli
Architect

That is correct,

As I mentioned, if for some reason the correlation does not work, some WebServers do not allow other headers etc. Or will block them for security, which will break the correlation. Will just have to then have the customer check and allow it.

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A