End User Monitoring (EUM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not collecting in User Experience

Hi Team,

I've configured User experience monitoring for an application and it was reporting data.

But for last 1 week i don't see any metrics reported, it showing null.

Could you please advise how to check this issue, where can i lookup to resolve it.

Regards,

Soundarajan

3 REPLIES 3
AppDynamics Team

Re: Data not collecting in User Experience

Hi Soundarajan,

Following things can be checked in order of priority to verify why data stopped flowing in for EUM:

1) Whether beacons are posted correctly from user's browser and with right app key. You can share HAR file from browser for us to validate this.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Create+a+HAR+file

2) Whether beacons are getting dropped at eum processor or not. Check for eum-processor.log and dropped-beacons.log for the same.

3) Whether Controller is downloading the eum metrics fine or not. Verify server.log for the same.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Deepanshu

Hi Deepanshu,

Thanks for your response.

I've tried to check for the logs in APp server (In App'D installed drive E:), i can able to see Logs,Config & Data folder. I'm not able to locate below reqd logs.

* eum-processor.log and dropped-beacons.log

* Server log.

Could you please advise where can i find it.

Regards,

Soundarajan

AppDynamics Team

Hi Soundarajan,

1. These log files {eum-processor.log and dropped-beacons.log}  can be found in your EUM server machine at <EUM_HOME>/eum-processor/logs folder

2. And the server.log file can be located in the machine where your controller is installed. At <Controller_home>\logs folder.

Thanks,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.