cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average page resource timing

Typically on a browser snapshot we can see how long it takes to load specific images, fonts, or other files on a single page. We would like to figure out if its possible to see an average of each individual page resource. For example, if 20 people visit a page with three different images and all of those resource timings are recorded, then be able to see a chart that shows the average load time of each image. We found a chart that display average resource fetch time but nothing diving deeper into individual times. 

Please let me know your thoughts. 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Chitra.Lal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Wesley,

This is pretty much possible if are using  Browser RUM sessions feature. It allows you to have a deeper view of all your page resources in one user session. Its like a collection of chronological events for a particular end user from the start of a session to a configurable period of inactivity

RUM Sessions .pngsessions - page resource details.png

Hope this helps. Let me know in case it doesn't meet your requirement. 

Thank You,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Kind of. That average time I believe is only the average time of that user in that one session. We're looking for the average time of a resource on a page across all sessions. Is this possible? Thanks for looking into this. 

--------------------------------

"I would like a Roll-Up Report so I can look for a specific resource location like analytics.clickdimensions.com for a data range to see the Average Time (ms) for all Sessions, not just one individual session."

Anyone have an suggestions? 

Thanks

Hi Wesley,

Currently this is not possible; we can't see the average time of a resource of a page across all sessions together. We give this detail only for each specific user session, there is no consolidated view to see this metric across all the sessions together. If these resources contain some AJAX calls then you could still get this info but not for image files.

Thanks,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.