cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event schema design

atulkhorana
Creator

I need to create a custom schema. AppD documentation is not very extensive on how to create complex (nested) custom schemas. Or can only flat schemas be created in Appdynamics?

Where can I get documentaiton create event schema examples in AppDynamics?

For example if I have 2 possible breakdowns of error types (string,integer) or (string,integer,string) how should I organize in the json? Like an array of 2 possible solutions - error type 1 and error type 2? or all 5 items, or combine the 2 to have 3 items?

2 REPLIES 2

Mohammed.Rayan
AppDynamics Team

Hi Atul,

I guess you are referencing to analytics here and if yes, you can use our analytics API to create it and  please take a look at the below docs for the same.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Analytics+Events+API#AnalyticsEventsAPI-create_schemaCrea...

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks for your reply with the documentation link. I have some further questions about this link.

"If the event data doesn't match an event schema, the Events Service makes a best effort attempt to match the data to the schema, and returns a 400 bad request if unsuccessful."

When publishing a custom schema using cURL are all fields required or can some be optional?

2. 'SELECT * FROM myProducts'.

Is the name in  query SELECT... FROM <name> the schema-name?

3. How can custom schema published data be queried using SELECT .. FROM transactions, or can we only use SELECT .. FROM <schema-name>? Basically is the transactions schema a global schema?

Thanks

- Atul