cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

php7.x-fpm support?

kin
New Poster

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a PHP monitoring aget for a PHP application. Unfortunately after enabling appdynamics php proxy the application starts to generate PHP errors. For example: "Cannot declare class domain, because the name is already in use". After disabling the proxy app starts to work again without issues.

My setup: Debian 9.0 with nginx + php7.0-fpm. Is this a supported configuration?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Piyush.Mundra
AppDynamics Team

Hi There,

Are these messages are logged under application level logs? Are these of level errors or notices? Does the application stops working completely when the agent is hooked in? If yes, could you please check and provide us if there are any other errors logged in php-fpm logs?

Please let us know if it is possibile to upload agent, php-fpm and application level logs for analysis to a Secure FTP account which I can provide you via a private message?

Best Regards,

Piyush

Hi,

It's a proof of concept project so it's nothing critical. I just wanted to make sure that this setup is supported in appdynamics. But if you would like to debug it further I can surely help you.

Answers to questions:

• Are these messages are logged under application level logs? What do you mean? Are those errors logged in appdynamics controller? Yes, also errors are logged in ngnix error logs.
  • Are these of level errors or notices? Errors
  • Does the application stops working completely when the agent is hooked in? Yes
  • If yes, could you please check and provide us if there are any other errors logged in php-fpm logs? Yes, but I'll have to enable debug logs for php-fpm.
  • Please let us know if it is possibile to upload agent, php-fpm and application level logs for analysis to a Secure FTP account which I can provide you via a private message? If you're still interested in debugging this I can surely share the logs.

Regards

Hi There,

As far the supportability is concerned, I see the environment you have mentioned is supported by our agent. You can find more on supported environment at https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/PHP+Supported+Environments

Regarding further debugging, I'd leave it to you completely. Moreover, could you please share the controller URL so I can check if anything gives us a hint on the issue.

Best Regards,

Piyush

Hi,

I cannot give you links to the controller, as it's on my virtual machine. But I think I fould the culprit: the php app is hosted on nginx with php7.0-fpm, but beside that there is a php daemon which runs some background tasks. And the web app stops working when the background daemon is active. When I stop the daemon app is working fine. I suspect that php proxy has issues when multiple php code is executed simultaneously on fpm and cli.

Regards

Hi There,

For CLI monitoring, we suggest to run JAVA proxy in manual mode along with a few changes in agent configuration. For more information on this setup, I suggest you to please look at the doc link https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Configure+the+Agent+for+PHP+CLI+Applications

Please let us know if you need any help with this.

Best Regards,

Piyush