Dynamic Languages (Node.JS, Python, PHP, C/C++, Webserver Agent)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP Agent multiple "starting up agent kernel" messages in the logs

New Poster

My PHP agent seem to be reporting properly to my controller but I'm seeing a lot of "starting up agent kernel", "going into INITIALIZED state", "sending config request with version", "received config response for request ID", "module shutdown start" and "module shutdown end" messages in the agent log. Everything seem to be ok on the dashboard but those messages are kind of weird and seem to suggest that maybe something is getting killed/restarted often. So any ideas if those messages are normal or if something is wrong with the agent?

Some info about my setup:

PHP agent: 4.4.3.0GA.5b071fef580bca60d0ed12ddb96d7be8864f342c (rpm installation)

Controller: 4.4.3.4

Apache: 2.4.6-45.el7

P:S: And one more question, does AppDynamics/PHP detect Redis connections because I'm not seeing my redis connections at all but I'm seeing pretty much everything else that my app is using (mysql, memcache, etc).

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Employee

Re: PHP Agent multiple "starting up agent kernel" messages in the logs

Hi casfr,

We only support Predis ~0.8.5. https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/PHP+Supported+Environments It's possible you are using another driver. If you could share a quick code sample of your redis setup I can confirm.

For the starting up messages, at times this is an indicator of PHP crashes, but let's tackle that after confirming the redis situation.

Best,

Kyle

Thanks,
Kyle Furlong, Technical Lead (C++ and Dynamic Languages)

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
New Poster

Re: PHP Agent multiple "starting up agent kernel" messages in the logs

We are using predis 1.0.3.