cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[NodeJS] Installing AppDynamics agent sub-dependencies NPM from another repository

Hi there,

I have a host which only has access to the npm default registry (i.e., it's not open to the Internet).

During the `npm install` I get error while fetching appdynamics sub-dependencies:

```

"dependencies": {
},
```

It clearly happens because they are told to be fetched from `packages.appdynamics.com` domain. Is there a way to tell the `appdynamics` lib to download its dependencies from another repository (for example, my own artifactory where I could manually upload those)?

Thanks in advance,
- Gabriel Saldanha (@gcrsaldanha)
2 REPLIES 2

Kyle.Furlong
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Gabriel,

The best way to accomplish an offline install is to package up an archive of the package folders, then simply transport them from the node_modules folder on the build machine to the node_modules folder on your app server.

There's one tricky bit which is that the npm user-agent on the build machine needs to match the one on your target server. You can ensure this by using this pair of commands:

• npm config get user-agent
  • npm config set user-agent

Please let me know if you have any issues with this workflow.

Regards,

Kyle

Thanks,
Kyle Furlong, Technical Lead (C++ and Dynamic Languages)

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks for the clear answer, Kyle.

I'll keep you posted if it works!

Cheers,

- Gabriel Saldanha (@gcrsaldanha)