cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node JS Agent installation with Machine agent

Hi All

I have installed a machine agent on the server and extension on Redis and I have given the application name, tier name, and node name and it was working fine.

Now, I plan to install the NodeJS agent to the NodeJS application and have configured the controller information the same as the controller provided.

But it was not connecting as checked with document and machine agent controller-info.xml file should be removed with the application name, node name, and Tier name. 

I restarted the application but it was not connected.

So, have stopped the machine agent and rename the folder, and restarted the application still the same.

Does anyone face the same issue?

Kindly help.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @jaganathan.ellappan,

Can you share with me the document you were looking at to help you through this process?

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

Below the document link of NodeJS installation which was referred during installation. 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.4/en/application-monitoring/install-app-server-agents/node-js-agent/...

Thanks 

Hi @jaganathan.ellappan,

Thanks for sharing. I've given this feedback to the Docs team. In the meantime, let's see if the Community can jump in and help answer your question.

If you also happen to figure anything out, please do come back and share that info here.

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

Finally, get configured by disabling SSL, but the transaction which shows in the Business transaction of application is very few like 2 or 3 initial transactions and rest of transactions are placed inside the "All other transaction_node". How do I get the transaction back in "all business transaction". 

let me know how to change the limit or register business transactions to list. 

thanks

Hi @jaganathan.ellappan,

Let me know if this AppD Docs page about Business Transactions help - https://docs.appdynamics.com/21.9/en/application-monitoring/business-transactions/organize-business-...

Thanks,

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

Good day..! tried on the steps to fix it but i can same transaction like 2 or 3. all other transaction are in "all Other traffic". can i have any step to get those transaction from "all Other traffic" to all business transaction.

and how to find which transaction utilized 50 limits.

thanks 

Hello @jaganathan.ellappan,

I don't know the solution. Please see if you are able to find any more information in the documentation or if you figure it out, please share your learnings back here.

Thanks,

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

I have reconfigured the app agent and require statement and now it transaction are visible by registering the transaction from "All Other Traffic". Unable to see any call/error/slow transaction/very slow transaction count in BT. When i check the snapshot it wasn't taken any. 

Kindly let me know if any other step to get the snapshot and count detail to all business transaction.

thanks