cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring for Thick client

soundarajan
Maker

Hi,

Is it possible to monitor Thick client applications via AppDynamics?

Could someone please advise.

Regards,

Soundarajan

5 REPLIES 5

Raunak.Mohanty
AppDynamics Team (Retired)
Yes please review
https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Configure+the+.NET+Agent+for+Windows+Services+and+Standal...

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for your response.

Actually i got an requirement enquiry to monitor an Citrix based application via App'D.

I just thought how can we get it done, b'coz we got .net,java,php kind of agents available but how can we get it fit for citrix/VDI based. ?

Do we've feasibility to do it by conventional agent monitoring or is it possible via Synthetic or UEM ?

Could you please advise.

Regards,

Soundarajan

Raunak.Mohanty
Hi ,

You can instrument actual applications running inside citrix instance but I do not think actual citrix client is .Net based and hence cannot be instrumented by .Net Agent.

Thanks,
Raunak

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi,

How can we instrument actual applications running inside citrix instance , is it possible via installing corresponding Agents or Synthetic/UE Monitoring?

Regards,

Soundarajan

Raunak.Mohanty
Hi,

You just have to install the appropriate agent inside the cintrix instance and configure the applications you want to instrument.

Thanks,
Raunak