cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How nodejs cluster metrics are calculated in APPDYNAMICS?

I'm using NODEJS cluster (1 master and 4 worker threads) totally 5 processes are running on my machine. But in the metric browser page, It is showing only single  GC  metrics?

what about others?

How cpu, GC, eventloop, memory metrics are all calculated for the nodejs cluster environment?

Is there any document available for this?  

AccAppdy metrics.png

6 REPLIES 6

Ayush.Ghosh
AppDynamics Team

Hi Devraj,

Do you see 5 nodes in the Tiers and Node Tab in the application or just one node ?

Are you on SAAS, or ON-PREM ? If SAAS, please share the URL when the metric browser is open with this metric.

Thanks

Ayush

Do you see 5 nodes in the Tiers and Node Tab in the application or just one node?

Yes I can able to see the 5 nodes in the Tiers page (I downed one.)

Are you on SAAS, or ON-PREM ?

I'm using SAAS

If SAAS, please share the URL when the metric browser is open with this metric.

Please find the attached image.

My question is where I can see the cpu usage for the 5 nodejs processes?

appdynamics tier page.pngAppdy cpu.png

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez 

[Controller URL redacted]

Please do not share links to your Controller on the Community for Privacy and Security reasons. If you do need toshare this, please do it via a private message within the Community platform. 

Hi Devaraj,

Please have a look at this link.

[Redacted]

There are Metrics of GC for each node, and the aggregate GC for all Node.Js in the link above.

The screenshot if the GC you showed earlier was from the aggregate one. You can drill down to individual nodes to view the specific GC and other details.

Please let us know if you have more queries.

Thanks

Ayush

^ Post edited by @Ryan.Paredez - Please do not share links to your Controller on the Community for Privacy and Security reasons. If you do need to share this, please do it via a private message within the Community platform. 

Thank you so much Ayush:)

Hi ,

master process.png

I'm running totally 1 master and 4 worker threads but here it's showing only 4 processes.

Where is the master process?

But in tier page it showing 5 process, Is master process is skipped?