cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not a customer? Start a free trial

Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.

AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.

Dynamic Languages (Node.JS, Python, PHP, C/C++, Webserver Agent)

Error installing PHP agent on CentOS

Khaled.Alkhatib
Creator

Dears,

I'm facing an issue with the PHP agent. I'm trying to install it on CentOs using the rpm package, it has PHP v 7.2.33 and WP application with cpanel on WHM.

I sat required environment variables and the error was "Unable to detect PHP version or empty value specified"

Please advise.

Regards.

Tags (3)
By replying you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the AppDynamics Community.
3 REPLIES 3
Kyle.Furlong
AppDynamics Team

Hi Khaled,

You may need to find where the PHP for this system is running and use the optional environment variables to target it. It seems this is necessary because there is no commandline PHP configured on the system. Please check the following doc for the three relevant variables: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Install+the+PHP+Agent+by+RPM

• APPD_PHP_PATH
  • APPD_PHP_CONFIGURATION_DIR
  • APPD_PHP_EXTENSION_DIR

These will allow you to target any existing PHP engine, wherever it is located. Eithr APPD_PHP_PATH is needed by itself or the other two together.

Regards,

Kyle

Thanks,
Kyle Furlong, Technical Lead (C++ and Dynamic Languages)

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
Khaled.Alkhatib
Creator

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried every offered solution/suggestion from the documentation and still facing the problem.

Currently i postponed working on it, until i get back to it i'll update you, but the suggested solution I've tried it before, i believe the problem is with the java proxy that connects agent with controller.

Thanks again

Regards,

Khaled

Kyle.Furlong
AppDynamics Team

Hi Khaled,

Let's move this issue over to an official support case, where our SMEs can help you more directly.

You can reach support here: https://www.appdynamics.com/support

Regards,

Thanks,
Kyle Furlong, Technical Lead (C++ and Dynamic Languages)

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.