cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Agent for Drupal 7

fgjohnson
Builder

Hi,

I have the controller installed and running.

I can create a database agent, install it on my Drupal server and see some database data.

How do I create an agent that can monitor my Drupal Application?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Hey - Sorry for this trouble...

The agent.accountName and agent.accountAccessKey in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/appdynamics_agent.ini were not correct.

I have updated them and restarted apache.

Still can't connect.

[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 26 Jul 2017 12:40:09,190  INFO com.singularity.CONFIG.ConfigurationChannel - Detected node meta info: [Name:ProcessID, Value:9726, Name:appdynamics.ip.addresses, Value:fe80:0:0:0:a00:27ff:febb:5f65%eth0,xxx.xxx.xxx.88]
[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 26 Jul 2017 12:40:09,190  INFO com.singularity.CONFIG.ConfigurationChannel - Sending Registration request with: Application Name [wxt], Tier Name [drupal], Node Name [localweb], Host Name [developer] Node Unique Local ID [localweb], Version [Proxy v4.3.3.8 GA SHA-1:.e7ff8eec868c04f5a96ada2d459e2fcb5efe4658 #12943 4612-4.3.3.next-build]
[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 26 Jul 2017 12:40:09,200 ERROR com.singularity.CONFIG.ConfigurationChannel - HTTP Request failed: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 26 Jul 2017 12:40:09,200  INFO com.singularity.CONFIG.ConfigurationChannel - Resetting AuthState for Proxy: [state:UNCHALLENGED;] and Target [state:FAILURE;]
[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 26 Jul 2017 12:40:09,200  WARN com.singularity.CONFIG.ConfigurationChannel - Could not connect to the controller/invalid response from controller, cannot get initialization information, controller host [hostname.domain.com], port[8090], exception [null]
[AD Thread Pool-Global1] 26 Jul 2017 12:40:09,200 ERROR com.singularity.CONFIG.ConfigurationChannel - Exception: NULL
[AD Thread-Metric Reporter0] 26 Jul 2017 12:40:47,282  WARN com.singularity.METRICS.MetricHandler - Metric Reporter Queue full. Dropping metrics.

Ok... My problem is the accountname@customer# aren't inslalling.

Why?

[AD Thread Pool-ProxyControlReq0] 26 Jul 2017 13:32:46,047  INFO com.singularity.XMLConfigManager - XML Agent Account Info Resolver did not find account name. Using default account name [customer1]

The startop log for proxy.2017_07_26__13_32_45.0.log is attached.

What am I missing?

install script is as follows:

sudo ./install.sh -a=CustomerNumber@CustomerKey -e /usr/lib/php5/20121212 -i /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d ped19879 8090 wxt drupal localweb

or

sudo ./install.sh -a=CustomerNumber@CustomerKey -e /usr/lib/php5/20121212 -i /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d ped19879.CorrectDomain.com 8090 wxt drupal localweb

And the correct data seems to be in /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d appdynamics_agent.ini

Hi,

The recent logs shows 401 Unauthorized which comes when there is an issue with account name / access key. Could you please provide me following information from the environment over a SFTP account which I will share with you in a private message.

1. /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/appdynamics_agent.ini file.

2. Zip of all the log files from agent logs folder.

3. Output of ps -ef | grep -i proxy command.

4. Screen capture showing account name and access key.

5. Output of phpinfo() from apache server with current agent configuration in place.

Please update on this ticket once you have uploaded all these details on the sftp account.

Best Regards,

Piyush

Ok - I have the files collected.
Please send private message with sftp creds.
Thanks

Hi,

Can you please check messages as I have already sent the SFTP details to you.

Best Regards,

Piyush

Recieved the creds at the alternate email addy I sent.
File uploaded.

Thanks

Hi Johnson,

The agent configuration in appdynamics_agent.ini file under /etc/php5/cli/conf.d and /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d folder are different. Could you please check attached screen capture to correctly find the account name and account access key which needs to be updated in both of these files.

The current screen capture you shared have the account details for End User Monitoring and not for the application agents.

Please get the correct details for account name and access key from controller UI, update those in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/appdynamics_agent.ini and /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/appdynamics_agent.ini file and restart Apache server. Please drive some load on the application and see if agent is now able to register and report to controller.

Best Regards,

Piyush

Hi piyush,

Spoke with an Engeneer re my trial.

I was looking at the User Experience Account Name and Key.

I went to the Account tab on the Licence screen in the Controller and used the Name and and Access Key located there in both the appdynamic_agent.ini files.

Agent is now sucessfully connecting to the Controller.

Thanks for your help.