cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change time in pdf report sent as scheduled

Elena.Ustymovych
Producer

hi Everyone,

faced a strange problem - dashboard showed right timezone, but when I schedule dashboard as a report I got absolutely another time and what is weird - whatever timezone I choose before sending, I get the same time in received pdf file reports. How we can regulate timezone in the pdf file. attaching screen for the dashboard and received the report as well.

Thank you in advance for your help with this, Elena

4 REPLIES 4

Harish.Kumar
AppDynamics Team

Hello Elena, 

Please confirm whether controller has been installed on linux OR windows env? 

We have noted an issue with phantomjs source library on windows env while doing timezone conversion for reports. 

Thanks,

Harish

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
p>Thanks,
Harish Kumar, Sr. Engineer

hi Harish,
Thank you for info, Yes, we have controller installed on windows OS. so we need waiting for patch ?

Hello Elena, 

Thanks for the details. Could you please change config param ignoreReportDataTZ to true in default-config.json file at /controller/reporting_service/reports/config/

Restart reporting service and generate report now. This param will basically ignore UI timezone selection and use controller server time. 

Unfortunately, this issue needs fix at phantomjs source level and can not be fixed by modifying controller code. Team is trying other approaches where reporting service will work with respect to timezone selection as it works in linux env but it will be taking considerable amount of time and no ETA as of now. 

Regards,

Harish

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
p>Thanks,
Harish Kumar, Sr. Engineer

thank you , Harish, it helped a lot!!