Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Monitoring Dashboard

Highlighted
Creator

Hi Everyone,

My company uses AppDynamics, and I plan on contacting Support about this on Monday. However, I want to make a jump start on this over the weekend, as I spent much of yesterday spinning my wheels going the wrong direction in trying to code my own dashboard using Visual Studio ASP.NET -- I am a software engineer.

We would like to create a Dashboard with the following Metrics, and I am wondering if any of you have any suggestions.

ProposedDashboard.PNG

Day is the Order Date. For instance for today:

Day 1= Count of Orders that were placed 11-Jan-20

Day 2 = Count of Orders that were placed 10-Jan-20

Day 5 = Count of Orders that were placed  07-Jan-20

Tomorrow:

Day 1 =  Count of Orders that were placed 12-Jan-20

Day 2 = Count of Orders that were placed 11-Jan-20

---

Day 5 = Count of Orders that were placed 08-Jan-20

I have the SQL query written for this, but have read the following: 

• The query should not return more than one column.
  • The user can define up to 20 custom metrics per monitored DB

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Limitations-of-Database-Monitoring-Custom-Metric...

I realized that all I really need are 12 queries.

This is an oversimplification of those queries, but will illustrate what I am thinking:

1. Day 1: Orders In:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY
  2. Day 2: Orders In:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-1
  3. Day 3: Orders In:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-2
  4. Day 4: Orders In:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-3
  5. Day 5: Orders In:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-4
  6. Day 1: Processing :   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY AND Processing = TRUE
  7. Day 2: Processing:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-1 AND Processing = TRUE
  8. Day 3: Processing:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-2 AND Processing = TRUE
  9. Day 4: Processing:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-3 AND Processing = TRUE
  10. Day 5: Processing:   SELECT COUNT("Order_ID") FROM Orders WHERE ORDER_DATE = TODAY-4 AND Processing = TRUE
  11. Pick Errors: SELECT COUNT("PICK_ERRORS")
  12. Cycle Counts: SELECT COUNT("CYCLE_COUNTS")

All other data can be derived from the above.

Am I on the right track? 

Any feedback is appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Anne

Tags (1)