cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show My Dashboards Only functionality broken

Dietrich.Meier
Architect

There  is a bug on the Custom Dashboards page with the functionality of the "Show My Dashboards Only" check box. 
The option either does not display the dashboards related or errors out.
In earlier versions of the Controller, enabling this option would apply a filter that would only show dashboards related to the current logged in user. 

We have worked with AppD support on this to point out the error and support did acknowledge this, but in the following controller upgrades the error persists. 

AppD Support ticket Request #335757
Created back on August the 11th.

Pre-Prod Controller:
AppDynamics Controller build 22.8.1-715

Prod Controller:
AppDynamics Controller build 22.9.1-1134

Pre-prod: Before filter, dashboards for "dietrich"Pre-prod: Before filter, dashboards for "dietrich"Pre-prod: After FilterPre-prod: After FilterProd: Before filter, dashboards for "dietrich"Prod: Before filter, dashboards for "dietrich"Prod: After FilterProd: After Filter

5 REPLIES 5

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

Just following up, @Dietrich.Meier, on your post above about this known Dashboard View issue, ticket #335757.

I understand the recommended workaround is to search with the username, and use the  “created by” column with the user name to see dashboards created by the specific user.

The issue has been reported as a bug, and is being actively addressed though I have no resolution version to report at this time.

Best regards,
Claudia Landivar, Community Manager & Editor

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Dietrich.Meier,

Did someone from your team create that ticket? As Claudia noted, the Support team has indicated it's a bug. Since the interaction started as an active support ticket, I would recommend staying up to date via that ticket/Support. If you did not create the ticket, perhaps you can get CC'd on it by the person who did. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Dietrich.Meier
Architect

Hi Claudia and Ryan

Thanks for following up on this.
The ticket #335757 still has AppD support stating that this is a bug and being followed up with the engineering team.
We also have the customer success team from AppD involved and they could preproduce the error on their demo Controller.
Hope that the bug gets fixed sometime with an update.

Regards
Dietrich 

@Dietrich.Meier ,  Clicking Show My Dashboard Only displays a blank screen issue has been fixed in 23.2.0 release.  
Release-notes: https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/23.x/23.2/en/product-and-release-announcements/release-notes  (STUDIO-4743)

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

Thanks for closing that thread, @Sunil.Agarwal!