cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of a Summary Health Rule

0210mukesh
Builder

Hi Team,

Just want to check if it is possible in AppDynamics to create a summary health rule which will be driven by multiple existing health rules with an option to change the status of the summary rule based on "And" or "Or" operation of all the underneath health rules.

Example 1: A is the summary health rule and A1, A2 and A3 are the underneath health rules. Status of A has to be critical if any of the health rules (A1, A2, A3) changes its status to critical.

Example 2: B is the summary health rule and B1, B2 and B3 are the underneath health rules. Status of B has to be critical if all of the health rules (A1, A2, A3) changes its status to critical.

Regards,

Mukesh Singh

4 REPLIES 4

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi Mukesh,

You can use All or Any conditions as per your requirement while configuring the Health rule.  Please find attached screenshot and let us know if you are looking for this.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for your response.

Actually, this is not what I was looking for. I am aware of the functionality which helps create a health rule based on multiple metrics which is shown in the screenshot you have shared. But my ask was about creating a summary health rule based on multiple existing health rules.

It seems this is not available as a standard feature so I wanted to know if it can be achieved by doing some customization.

Regards,

Mukesh Singh

Hi Mukesh,

Unfortunately, this would not be possible as the health rules are separate entities and would have various different configurations, hence cannot be clubbed as a single health rule.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks Yogesh, this fulfills my requirement as I just wanted to see if it is possible.