cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send reports with the contents in the email body?

Dipanwita.Datta
Creator

Hi All,

I want to send reports in an interval of 15 minutes and with the content inside the email body instead of the PDF attachment.

Is there any way to do this?

Kindly assist.
Thanks in advance.

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to improve the title and readability. 

9 REPLIES 9

Radhika.Puthiyetath
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi @Dipanwita.Datta

Were you looking for Email Digests?

We wanted to raise a similar kind of request,  but in our case we want to customize the mail body , when report was sent to user , mail body of report is empty. If the mail body contains some info like Application name/ server name or Health rules that are included in the report along with PDF  then it will be looks informative .  could you please suggest us on this .

Hi @ServiceNxt.BP,

It seems this has been requested in our Idea Exchange space in the community. You can find the Idea here: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Customer-Dashboard-report-Format-PDF-version-is-o...

AppD Customers can view, vote and comment on Ideas in the Idea Exchange here: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/ideas

Read the posting guidelines here https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Idea-Exchange-Submission-Guidelines/ta-p/38092

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @ServiceNxt.BP,

I wanted to call some additional details out.

If the Idea I linked to in my reply above is a suggestion that you would like to see in the product, you should go vote on it (give it a thumbs up) and leave a comment on it sharing your use case or thoughts on how/why the feature would be helpful to you.

If that idea is not what you are looking for, you can create a new idea. Be sure to read the Idea Exchange guidelines first before posting.

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Idea-Exchange-Submission-Guidelines/ta-p/38092

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi 

We found this idea (Can I send reports with the contents in the email body?) similar to our request. Could you please suggest us on do we need to raise it as new idea or the below will be done as part of this idea.

Our Requirement:

We wanted to raise a similar kind of request, but in our case we want to customize the mail body , when report was sent to user , mail body of report is empty. If the mail body contains some info like Application name/ server name or Health rules that are included in the report along with PDF then it will be informative . could you please suggest us on this .

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ServiceNxt.BP,

It is up to you on whether you that Idea Exchange posts meet your requirements. I would suggest replying to that Idea post and engage with the original poster. 

If it turns out, what is being asked if different from what you want, then create a new Idea Exchange post. Review the Guidelines and leave as much information as you can to make the idea clear. 

Thanks,

Hi

Thank you for the suggestion.

We found the idea you suggested ( customer dashboard report format )is similar to our request. I have liked and commented the our requirement in this idea (customer dashboard report format ).

Our Requirement:

But in our case, the attachment is fine, but mail body should have some information about Application name/servers, health rules that are included in the report. So that user gets an idea of what is embedded in the report without opening it.

Pavan.Jadhav
Producer

Hi Team,

Any update on this post\idea. I have similar request from our customer that "send reports in email body, but not as attachment".

Thanks,

Pavan Jadhav

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Pavan.Jadhav,

You can see the Idea that was created here - https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Customer-Dashboard-report-Format-PDF-version-is-o...

There has been no movement on it. If your Idea is not quite the same, you may want to create a new Idea Exchange post. Up to you.

In the meantime, I can try and followup with the idea linked above if it's close enough to your needs.

Let me know.

Thanks,