cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not a customer? Start a free trial

Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.

AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.

Dashboards

Metric expression in health rule to calculate and alert below a percentage threshold

Mark.Owen
Adventurer

Metric expression in health rule to calculate and alert below a percentage threshold

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum so hope someone can help me.

I am looking for some help in trying to create a metric expression in a health rule. I have two metric values A and B with the flow of data going logically from A to B.

The counts of each will go up through the day and we have a problem where the count in A stops going up. For example A = 100,000 and B = 100,500 is fine but A = 60,000 and B = 100,500 is not. I have worked out there is a 10% tolerance where A can be within 10% of the count in B. 

How can I articulate this in a metric express to alert a warning if the count in B is > 10% less than the count in A?

If you need more information please let me know.

Many thanks,

Mark

By replying you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the AppDynamics Community.