cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the health rule subject line related to node/instance

Om Prasad.Reddy
Voyager

Hi,

I have configured alert for one of the application and even it sends the notification to my mail.

i Used to get as Critical events detected for Test_Prod_Slowtransactions! with the subject line. here Test_Prod_Slowtransactions is name given while creating a policy. Is it possible to change the subject line related to instance/node?

Like alert notification subject should be Critical events detected for Demo instance instead of Critical events detected for Test_Prod_Slowtransactions?

As am aware there is no option to change the sub line, it just pick whatever policy name given while creating a policy.

I have followed steps which were there in below link. Please correct me if am correct? else do let me know if there is a way to do that?

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Policies

Thanks in advance!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi,

Are you using an email template? Please try to change the subject line, follow below docs for refernce. 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Email+Templates

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Yogesh,

we had used Configure Email / SMS for alerts. Actually controller version is 3.9.4.2 and it's onpremises. I couldn't see an option to configure Email templates. How to check if controller admin account has an email template permissions, Will you please suggest?

Thanks,

Om

Any update on this please?

Hi Om,

It looks like the controller version you are using is very old. The latest version available is 4.4.3.

I think email templates have been featured in later versions. Would you please consider an upgrade of the controller and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks yogesh for your suggestion and time :)

Cheers!!!