cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Appdynamics with Azure monitor

Namrata.tripathi
New Poster

Hi Team,

I have a ready graph in Azure monitor, I want that graph to integrate with the Appdynamics, for monitoring with the already existing graphs on appdynamics.

I tried getting free subscriptions for appdynamics and was looking to configure the azure monitor with appdynamics, but I didn't get any idea.

Can someone help me, if this is possible?

Thanks,

Namrata

3 REPLIES 3

Eric.Miller
Architect

You can check the Azure Monitoring extension here, and maybe try to customize it a bit more for your needs: https://www.appdynamics.com/community/exchange/extension/azure-monitor-net-extension/

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thanks Eric!

I tried installing the extension, but I don't have much idea how to configure and utilize extensions in the app dynamics tool.

Also, please help me to configure at least one azure component, for example, Azure data factory or Logic app to integrate with the App dynamics tools and its configuration or any agents, if required for this to configure.

I have installed the trial version of app dynamics, please let me know if I can configure the Azure components with my trial version of the app dynamics. If yes, then what all configurations are needed.

Thanks,
Namrata

I don't work for AppD, so I can't assist you like their support can. However, I can tell you the basics.

Extensions are free "add-ons" which you can setup in the "monitors" folder of an active AppD machine-agent (i.e. C:\AppD\machine-agent\machine-agent4.5.12\monitors). Once you have a machine-agent reporting into the Controller, it will auto-poll the monitors folder and grab any additional metrics the extensions tell it to. You can go into your Controller GUI, and find the extension metrics in the "metric browser" tab of your application/agent. Often times you'll need to expand out your Application > Tier > Node until you see a "Custom Metrics" folder. Your extension data will be there. The only exception is if you edit the extension's .xml file to have it report to a different location.

This particular Azure extension appears to be an add-on for another extension, making it slightly unique. So in this instance, you'll not only need a machine-agent reporting in, but you'll also need the .Net Manager Extension as well. Instructions for installing the .Net Manager extension are here: https://www.appdynamics.com/community/exchange/extension/appdynamics-net-agent-extension-manager/

Once you have it setup, then follow the Azure directions here: https://www.appdynamics.com/community/exchange/extension/azure-monitor-net-extension/

Then log into the Controller and follow my "metric browser" advice above to find where these extensions are repoting in, and go from there. I hope that helps.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.