cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit the dashboards from dash studio?

Gaurav.Gupta
New Poster

Hi! 

I am trying to explore Dash Studio. I was able to click on the Add button to get a new default dashboard entry created. However, I am not able to make any changes to it as there is no edit button/properties there. Am I missing something? 

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to alter the title for easier searching and identification of content. 

Featured Member Community Spotlight

9 REPLIES 9

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Gaurav.Gupta,

Can you show a screenshot of this screen, please? Be sure to edit out any sensitive content that may be visible on the screen. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for your response. Please refer to the attached screenshot. I have followed the following steps -

Dashsboard and Reports 

Dash Studio (Preview)

clicked on + Button 

I have observed that one Dashboard (8) has been created

However, I can't go view or edit that report. Even it hasn't allowed me to decide the name of the dashboard. AppD_1.png

Hi @Gaurav.Gupta,

I asked around and this is what I found out. You have to click on the dashboard to show the edit button in the toolbar. Please let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi Ryan, 

no luck. I haven't found any edit button. Please refer to AppD_2.pngthe attached image. 

Hi @Gaurav.Gupta,

Do you know if you have the right permissions to edit Dashboards? You may want to check with your AppD Admin. It would be specified under the administration section, under dashboards.

Thanks,

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

I have admin-level access. Please tell me if I to validate any specific role-related access. 

Albert.Chang
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

To Edit a Dashboard, you first have to view it. To View it, just double click a dashboard from the dashboard list. 

While you're viewing a Dashboard, you should see an Edit icon on the top right. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 2.52.54 PM.png

I am aware of this feature. However, in this case  nothing is happening after double/single click on the report name. 

Nawaz Ali.Mohammad
AppDynamics Team

Hi Gaurav,

Can you try the below steps:

For the role assigned to user to view/edit the dashboards from dash studio, Please try the following,

Execute the below steps under Administration:

• Choose the role associated with your username, click on "Dashboard" tab.
  • Under the default permission, please disabling: Delete, Edit & View checkbox.
  • Save the change & Refresh.
  • Now, enable: View, Edit & Delete checkbox and ask the end user to try.