Dashboards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter policy error notifications by exception message text

I am relativly new to AppDynamics and have reached the point where I want to start setting up policy notifications for my team and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to filter log4j log entries by message text.

For example we get a ton of these type of errors coming into our system from malformed xml request payloads-

[Error] - com.vertexsmb.custom.ValidateRequest : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

It is a malformed xml header but it doesn't stop the request from being processed by our tax calculation engine so we don't need to be notified on it. But something like this could cause problems with a client's tax calculation and would want to be notified on it -

[Error] - com.vertexsmb.custom.ValidateRequest : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

TIA for any help / suggestions-

Bill

1 REPLY 1

Re: Filter policy error notifications by exception message text

I haven't heard anything concerning this post one way or another so I'm wondering if these actually get looked at?

This is rather important to me as I'm trying to set up notifications for my group and need to know how to filter out stack traces that aren't that critical.

Thank you

Bill