cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom metric into dashboard as percentage calculation

Peter.Dinsen
Creator

Do use the following extension https://developer.cisco.com/codeexchange/github/repo/Appdynamics/url-monitoring-extension where I monitor URL. Custom metric gives a status of either 0, 2,3 4

UNKNOWN(0)
FAILED(2)
ERROR(3)
SUCCESS(4)

But using other than a timegraph does not give me the information because it is important to know the percentage of when is 0, 1,2,3 (DOWN) or 4 (UP)

So Timegraph shows me when someting is down, but i want also to add this custom metric to a expression like:

percentage of 0,2 & 3 (DOWN)    and percentage of 4 (UP) and show this in a pie or gauge or metric value . For me this above does not seems to work with the calculation (how many percentage over time are 0-3 and how much is 4 in percentage)

Minimum: Minimum value, only available for averaged metrics
Maximum: Maximum value, only available for averaged metrics
Value: Contains the average or the sum across the time range depending on the metric
Sum: Aggregated value of the metric over the time range
Count: A count of the observed values over the time range
Current: The sum of the most recent minute's metric data value across all the included nodes

Secondly is it possible to put this custom metric into Analytics ? and therefor make better calculation possibilities

1 REPLY 1

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Peter.Dinsen,

For this issue, I would recommend creating a support ticket.

You can do that by going here: www.appdynamics.com/support 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.