cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business transaction "Mark as Permanant"

Rao.Srinivasa
Creator

Hi Team,

Could you please help me with below issue?

I have created a Java custom Business transaction.  I am trying to set the business transaction as "Mark as permanent".  But, the option is always disabled.  Attached below the screenshot.  I have all the admin rights.  I do not understand how to enable the option.  Could you please help me in fixing the issue?

RaoSrinivasa_0-1653978880458.png

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Rao.Srinivasa,

I found this existing info. Please let me know if it helps.

I suspect the BT is already marked as permanent due to which the option is disabled for the BT.
Is the option disabled for all the BTs under the application if yes could you check if you have enabled BT lockdown due to which it is not allowing more BTs as permanent.

Under the following scenarios, BTs cannot be marked as permanent,
1. BT which is already permanent
2. the selected item is a BT group
3. Overflow BT

Here is some additional context from our AppD Docs site

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.5/en/application-monitoring/business-transactions/configure-business...

https://docs.appdynamics.com/22.5/en/application-monitoring/business-transactions/organize-business-...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your response.

Is the option disabled for all the BTs under the application if yes could you check if you have enabled BT lockdown due to which it is not allowing more BTs as permanent.------ Yes option is disabled for all the BTs.  BT lock down is not enabled.

Again late last evening, I created 3 custom BTs.  only one BT is appearing under Business Transactions Section with "Make as permanent" option disabled.

Rest two custom BTs are not showing up.

Thanks&Regards

Srinivas

Hi @Rao.Srinivasa,

Thanks for the info. Let's see if the Community can jump in and help out further. If you happen to figure it out, please share what you learned here as a reply. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.