cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my scheduled reports show timezone as GMT +2500 but my time zone is +05:30

Rahul.Jangid
Builder

Hi Team,

My scheduled reports show incorrect timezone when triggered. What can be the issue here?

We tried this: " change config param ignoreReportDataTZ to true in default-config.json file at /controller/reporting_service/reports/config/
Restart reporting service and generate report now." but this didnt work.

Request your suggestions on the same please? 

My controller is on Windows server.

Details:

AppDynamics Version 4.4.1.0, build 111
Controller Time: 11:09:13AM [GMT+0530] 2018/08/29
Browser Time: 11:09:13AM [GMT+0530] 2018/08/29

Best Regards,

Saurabh

4 REPLIES 4

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi Saurabh,

It appears you have hit a limitation with the reporting service on Windows. The reporting service uses a third party library(phantomJS) which has bug in how it processes the timezone flag that leads to this issue. 
As a workaround, the only option is to install the reporting service on a Linux machine. 

The reporting service team is working on revamping this feature in future versions. At the moment, we do not have an ETA for the feature but it is in works. 

However, when you change config param ignoreReportDataTZ to true in the default-config.json file and restart reporting service, it should basically ignore UI timezone selection and use controller time. Is this not the case?

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Team,

Is there any update on this issue. I am also facing same issue on windows controller. My controller version is 4.5.17.2791

Thanks

Mohit Jain

Henrik.Juul
Wanderer

Hi,

I would very much like to get an update on this issue since I'm experiencing the same problem at a customer.

About 23 hours ago from now (Dec 02, 2021 9:54 AM [CET]) a report was created and timestamped as being created in about an hours time.

Timezone01.JPG

Best regards,
Henrik Janning Juul

Hi @Henrik.Juul,

There is another post that has a solution you should check out here https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Dashboards/how-to-change-time-in-pdf-report-sent-as-scheduled/m...

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.