cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is AppD user data stored?

Adolfo.Aguiar
Wanderer

Hi Community mates!

Please, Regarding the user details, please, how the user data are maintaining in the application in each user session. Ex: Session or cache or cookies

The source 

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Adolfo.Aguiar,

Thanks for posting on the community! I don't fully understand what you are asking. Can you please try adding more detail/information if you can. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hey Ryan, thanks for you attention!

Where AppDynamics stores information, how data is kept in the application?

After user logged into to the application how user session data is handled in application, where it get stored?

Hi @Adolfo.Aguiar,

Thanks for the new info, that was very helpful. I changed the title of your post, let me know if you think it does not reflect what you are asking. 

I also found this AppD Docs page. Let me know if this is the information you were looking for.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Controller+Data+and+Backups

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hello Ryan mate!

Thanks for giving information about the application architecture.

Checking I need a few more details on the user session details storage.

I need the details of state management in ASP.NET used in the application like,

i) View state
ii) Control state
iii) Hidden fields
iv) Cookies
v) Query strings
vi) Application state
vii) Session state
viii) Profile Properties

For example, if the user data is stored in the session, the user id will be stored as key-value in HttpContext.Session. As given in this documentation, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/aspnet/75x4ha6s(v=vs.100).

It will help to collect the user details automatically by extracting the in-built state management method using the agent without embedding any code snippet manually.

Awaiting your response.

Hi @Adolfo.Aguiar,

I, unfortunately, don't know the answer to that at this time. Let's see if the community can jump in and help. 

If I do find any information, I will be sure to share it back on this post. If you happen to learn anything or figure it out, please also share that information as a reply back on this post.

Thanks,