cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using http Request Template to raise ticket in ServiceNow

Radhika.Bhatia
Builder

Hi,

I want to raise tickets in ServiceNow using the HTTP request template in AppDynamics.

Do we need any additional licenses on any of the platforms?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Radhika.Bhatia,

We have a great knowledge base article on ServiceNow, which you can find here: How do I use AppDynamics with ServiceNow? 

Please let me know if you found this article helpful. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Scott.Stelter
Creator

Hi Radhika,

Did you complete this requirement?  Were you planning to create events or incidents in ServiceNow?

Hi Scott,

Yes, we were successfully able to raise ServiceNow incidents using HTTP Request templates.

Hi Radhika,

Please let me know if I need to install these packages for ServiceNow integration using HTTP Request templates?

1. App Dynamics for Service Now
  2. Data Sync Utility

Thanks,
    Ioan

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Ioan.Cozma,

Given how old this post is, Radhika may not reply. I wanted to share this article we have on Service Now that you can check out in the meantime.
https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-use-AppDynamics-with-ServiceNow/ta-p/30...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ioan.Cozma,

We did not need to install these packages.

All you need is to create a user in ServiceNow for AppDynamics with admin rights. You can then create an HTTP template with the correct serviceNow URL and this user credentials.

You will also need to provide the ServiceNow mandatory fields and its values in the payload.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Radhika

Hi @Radhika.Bhatia,

Multiple tickets are getting created for the same issue from Appd.  Is there any way to create the next ticket once the current ticket is resolved for the same issue? or wait for next 24hrs to create the 2nd ticket?

Thank you