cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to monitor a service using Service Endpoints

Chirag.Hasija
Adventurer

Hi,

I was trying to monitor a service using customized service endpoints for a Java Agent. But i am unable to view that service in that particular endpoints as it is getting masked by a parent business transaction. I want to monitor that service independent of that parent  business transaction. Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

Chirag Hasija

5 REPLIES 5

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Chirag

Would you mind sharing some screenshots or descriptive explanation?

AppDynamics , when using the Java agent, will discover the Entry Point Business transactions, which might consist of one or more Service Endpoints.

Within the Business Transaction view, you will see this behavior where it will register the parent Endpoint/BT and it will contain within the snapshots the internal Service Endpoints being called as downstream within the Business Transaction.

From the Service Endpoint tab/view, you should see each individual Service endpoint being called, irrespective of it's relationship to a Business Transaction

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Hi,

I have created a customized service points to monitor a particular service in my java application. After giving a load in my application , i can see that the service points created by me have zero response time and zero calls per minute. But after clicking on it , i can see the classes and method called by the particular load. Similar in case of Business transaction like , i have configured a business transaction and after gibving load in my application, there is zero response time and zero calls per minute. But after clicking on it , i can see the classes and method called by the particular load and it also shows that this transaction is masked by parent business transaction, Any idea how to resolve this or why its showing zero response time or zero calls per minute.

Thanks

Chirag Hasija

Hi Chirag

It's a bit difficult to understand what is going on, can I again ask if you could do some screenshots to explain step by step what you did? So we can also observe what you are seeing

Did you create Servlet Service Endpoints, POJO, Webservice? A bit strange that it shows 0 calls, but you have a snapshot to look at the classed & Methods

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi Mario,

Could you please help me to understand how i can check the rule configuration of already created Service Endpoints, like we can check in Business Transaction?

Actually I want to see the rule configuration of created BT as service Endpoint of Same family as I am unable to monitor the service using Service Endpoints.

Thank You !

Regards,

Praddumn Kumar

Hi Praddumn

Would you be able to provide some screenshots and more clear requirement of what you are trying to achieve?

I am uncertain what you are after

Ciao