Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.
AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.
You can login to controller with your admin user by following the instructions here
Once logged in, change the URL in the browser to the regular controller UI, what you see if your own controller UI being monitored, now you can set health rules, thresholds, alerts etc on the metrics being recorded for your controller.
Is there a way to view the metrics you mentioned on a Custom Dashboard when logged in as a normal user and not through the admin page?
For example, we want to have a custom dashboard on the list of all our other normal custom dashboards that shows metrics of the controller, without needing to log in through the admin user the whole time and just see controller metrics.
Yes you can do that by following the approach as below.
- Log in as root admin user and create the desired dashboard
- Make sure to share this dashboard and copy the shared url.
- Login in as a regular admin user who has access to create dashboard
- Add a widget with iframe (Add Widget -> others -> IFrame)
- In the source URL, paste the shared dashboard URL you copied from Step 2.
- Now you can set the desired permissions on this newly created dashboards for yoru normal user.
Let me know if you have any questions.