cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Monitoring of Controller

Robert.Brauer
Producer

Hi Team -

Is there somewhere within the console / applications page where I can see the health of the controller it self (basically does it do any self monitoring)?

Thanks

Rob

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Rob,

What I did was deploy a MachineAgent on the Controller itself with ServerMonitoring enabled.

That way you can view the Controller metrics.

HTH

Vishnu

You can login to controller with your admin user by following the instructions here

Once logged in, change the URL in the browser to the regular controller UI, what you see if your own controller UI being monitored, now you can set health rules, thresholds, alerts etc on the metrics being recorded for your controller.

Cheers,

Gurmit.

Hi Gurmit

Is there a way to view the metrics you mentioned on a Custom Dashboard when logged in as a normal user and not through the admin page?

For example, we want to have a custom dashboard on the list of all our other normal custom dashboards that shows metrics of the controller, without needing to log in through the admin user the whole time and just see controller metrics.

Regards

Dietrich 

Hi Dietrich,

Yes you can do that by following the approach as below.

Step 1:

- Make sure to share this dashboard and copy the shared url.

Step 2:

- Login in as a regular admin user who has access to create dashboard

- Add a widget with iframe (Add Widget -> others -> IFrame)

- In the source URL, paste the shared dashboard URL you copied from Step 2.

- Now you can set the desired permissions on this newly created dashboards for yoru normal user.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Gurmit.

Hi Gurmit

Thank you.

It worked for us.

Regards

Dietrich