cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaaS lite controller password reset

Robert.Clark
Creator

I'm trying to do a password reset on my controller admin account for a SaaS lite controller. Since this is the admin account none of the other accounts can make the changes necessary to do a password reset and the admin account is not able to log in.

I've tried the password reset by email, but I don't receive any email with a reset link.

Is there any way I can force a reset from outside the controller so I can log back in with the admin/account owner credentials? 

8 REPLIES 8

Arun.Dasetty
AppDynamics Team

Hi,

We do not have any known issues using reset password feature, Can you please check in your spam folder and if you still see issue we will check other options , if you do not see email in spam, please share SaaS url , user email id and user name details here

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Nothing in the spam folder (and we tried a reset with another account in case I messed up the email address for the first). Details for the instance below. The email for that account should go to [Email removed for privacy protection]

[Screenshot removed for privacy protection]

Hi ,

We confirm from controller backend the user for your account with same name [username removed for privacy protection] is not of appdynamics type user but SAML user, can you try login as SAML user as that could be reason we are gettign login failed, hope that helps.

For SAML user login, user will not provide passowrd in Controller UI login, which we do for appdynamics type user, Hope it is clear.

One other information, we see few other user name of type appdynamics, alex.petrean , sample , Hope that clarifies the root cause for the error.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

I've tried logging in using the same credentails I use for https://portal.appdynamics.com/account/subscriptions/... , which what I assume you meant by SAML user, but with no luck. I'm always required to enter a password, and the password I use for the subscription page is not accepted.

[Screenshot removed for privacy protection]

I've tried pretty much every combination of user name (both with and without email) and password I can think of. I even tried using the account name as the user name with no more success.

Hi Robert, SAML User login details will not work or allowed to pass directly in login form, Hope you got what we are tryign to clarify, please use other users login we listed, 

Ahh, I misunderstood. That's for clearing that up.

Now that leaves me with a slightly different problem; none of the current "appdynamics" users are accounts owners and have permission to add new users? Is there any way you can bump the permissions, priviledges of one of those other accounts (any one will work).

Without this we'll have to discard this instance and start over, and I'd prefer to avoid that if I can.

Hi Robert,

i have sent login details for new user in private message, login UI using that and create new user with all permisisons that could create /update all other users and delete user i created post relogin with new user you created hope that resolves

That solved the problem I was having. Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the wild goose chase to start this off.