cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting "Query Details"

Khalid.Rehan
Producer

Hello,

How can I report certain "Query Details" just like we do in the Dashboard, in hourly/daily basis?

I tried to find a way around it by creating a dashboard with iFrame using the target URL, but it contains a lot of un-needed contents, and I can't view any thing that needs scrolling.

Going for replicating the "Query Details" in the dashboard is another idea, but creating a dashboard for each query the customer asks for will be painful as well..

Even the report is sent as a blank page!

Is there any other way for this to be done?

Attached a sample of the "Query Details" and the workaround I mentioned, and the received report..

Regards,
Khalid..

• The "Query Details":

Query Report - 2022-03-09_13-17-05.png

• "Query Details" as URL in iFrame Dashboard:

DB Query Dashboard Result - 2022-03-09_13-25-44.png

• Received Report:

KhalidRehan_0-1646826415024.png

Regards,
Khalid
3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Khalid.Rehan,

Thanks for asking your question on the Community. I see you also created an Idea Exchange post.

I did a search of the community and found this older post, which shares information about it depending on where the source of the data is coming from. 

https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/Dashboards/Database-Query-metrics-to-Dashboard/m-p/24426

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez ,

I checked the post, it declares that the data we see on the "Query Details" is build on custom formatted information, and there are no way for it to be used in dashboards.

At least, we need an extra "Action" function inside that "Query Details" that can send a PDF printed report as it is, and no need for drill-down or linked information.

How can you support us?

Regards,

Khalid

Regards,
Khalid

Hi, @Khalid.Rehan 

I see you already created an Idea Exchange post about this. If the feature is not possible right now, creating the idea exchange post is the best course of action, which you did. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.