cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data in metric browser

Ramesh.Natarajan
Producer

Hello, I have a free version of the machine agent running on CentOS configured with the SaaS version of the cloud controller. The agent starts and connects to the controller. I also see the server listed on the controller. However, I don't any metrics visible under the Metric Browser. Can you help me troubleshoot this

Machine agent version: 20.10.0.2813

CentOS 7.8

Controller: https://[Redacted].saas.appdynamics.com/ 

Here is some observation that may / may not be related. I will provide config/logs if required.

1) When I reload the controller, sometimes, I see "500 Internal Server Error" reported.

2) I see this in the machine-agent.log

[ExtensionStarter-DockerMonitoring] 04 Nov 2020 14:39:29,269 ERROR CGroupFileSystemRootProvider - Could not find CGroup files in following path(s) : [/sys/fs/cgroup, /cgroup]

3) I see this in analytics-agent.log

[2020-11-04T14:54:02,464Z] [ERROR] [analytics-agent-sync-thread-0] [c.a.a.agent.sync.ErrorMessageHelper] Analytics agent failed to connect to the controller registration endpoint. This can happen when the connection is refused remotely, or when there is no process listening on the remote address/port. Please check to see if the controller address is configured correctly and is running.

4) I have server-monitoring disabled, I wasn't able to get the agent started with this enabled.

( <sim-enabled>false</sim-enabled> in controller-info.xml)

Thanks

nram

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to redact Controller URL. Please do not share Controller URLs on Community posts for security and privacy reasons.

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Ramesh.Natarajan,

Have you checked out this KB article Why is there no data in the Metric Browser? 

Please let me know if that provided any help. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thanks, Ryan for looking into this. How does one access this folder on SaaS (cloud) instance? 

<controller_home>/logs

Copying Tim.Gillin & @Krishna Rathnam.Desikan 

Thanks, Nram

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez to redact emails. Please do not share your or other's email address on community posts for security and privacy reasons.

Hi @Ramesh.Natarajan,

I reached out to @Krishna Rathnam.Desikan  and they have suggested creating a support ticket for this question.

You can do this by going to appdynamics.com/Support

If you do contact support, can you please share the results of the ticket back on this thread as a reply? This will help drive knowledge sharing in the community.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Sure @Ryan.Paredez . Will report back here when issue is resolved. Thanks.

Based on the following link, I had to add some additional tags in the controller config.  Krishna pointed out that this is required for standalone controller configuration.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Standalone+Machine+Agent+Configuration+Property+Reference

I added the following to my controller-info.xml and that resolved.

<application-name>myapp</application-name>
   <node-name>mynode</node-name>
   <tier-name>mytier</tier-name>

Thanks Krishna and Ryan for the help.