cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Agent install fails in trial SAAS setup

2018-11-02_11h53_32.png

I am trying to set up a .Net agent in my SAAS AppDynamics Trial. I would need a Controller Certification Authority certificate in order to get it up and running. Could you please provide me this certificate asap?

Thanks.

Oliver

5 REPLIES 5

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Oliver,

Sorry you ran into this problem.

From https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Enable+SSL+for+.NET:

• The AppDynamics SaaS Controller uses certificates signed by DigiCert. In some cases, SaaS customers must import the DigiCert root certificates into the Windows Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.

Accordingly, please install the following certificates by running mmc.exe -> File -> Add/Remove Snap-ins - Certificates - Computer Account

Please confirm that you're able to connect to the Controller after installing these certificates.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Brian,

thanks for your reply.

I executed the links you provided. I am receiving a message that the certificates are already installed.

I looked into the install log of the .Net agent and found the following entry:

Error 1625: this installation is forbidden by system policy. contact your system administrator.

Regards

Oliver

Installing and configuring the .NET agent requires Administrator privileges on the target host.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Miguel.Pedraza
Discoverer

We made the requested configuration ; however it did not work

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Miguel.Pedraza,

Since there has been no reply here, I would recommend either reaching out to our AppD Rep or creating a support ticket. How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.