cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logs storage and retention in AppDynamics

Yogesh.Joshi
Voyager

Hello Team,
I have got few queries regarding Logs Monitoring in AppDynamics.

1.Where are logs stored in AppDynamics SaaS controller when enabled through Log Analytics?
2.How is the storage management done for logs?
3.Also what is the retention period for the logs and can it be modified?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Yogesh.Joshi,

Please check out this documentation and see if it helps: https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/analytics/configure-analytics/collect-log-analytics...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Thank Ryan for your response. I followed the URL but the document says ways to configure Log Analytics. I am curious to know how are these Logs stored, in any particular DB?

Also, as per the document, I understand we can only ingest 5GB of log data into AppDynamics and it can be retained for upto 8 days. For more than 8 days we need to purchase add on space. Please correct me if wrong.

Also after 8 days, how are the logs deleted from AppDynamics, is it on time basis like 24hrs of data or quantity based like 1 GB per day?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Yogesh.Joshi,

Did you ever hear from anyone from AppD when you had those questions a few months ago? 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Cansel.OZCAN
Architect
Hi,

1- All Analytics data include Log Analytics stored in your SaaS Event service (based on your controller type you can also store in on-prem.)
2-Storege Management default for SaaS based on your license type.

If you have ;

* PoC license default 8 days analytic retention period
* Prod (paid) license default retention for analytics 30days
* You can also increase this retention up to 90 days if you paid additionaly per license.
This values are constant on SaaS if you are using on-prem default retention value is also same but you can reduce retention day based on your storage size.

3- there is no way to increase your your default retention orher than license type and yes ypu can only"reduce" your retention period "only" on-prem event service.

Thanks
Cansel