cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed 4.4 platform - But it did not upgrade

William.Spinetti
Discoverer

Hi -

We had an install of the 4.3 controller. we installed it to /opt/appdynamics/controller

When we ran the command line update of 4.4 platform, it installed a new mysql DB and did not replace files in /opt/appdynamics/controller/bin

So our startup is still starting 4.3.

This install rutine seemed a lot different than the controller install for 4.3.

What are we missing ? Why did this not upgrade the 4.3 package, why did it install a new mysql.

What is the standard method for upgrades ?  the 4.3 package we used was controller_64bit_linux-4.3.7.1.sh

the 4.4 package was, platform-setup-x64-linux-4.4.0.4220.sh

Are we using the correct bins ?

Is this a matter of pointing the install to the correct location ? 

4 REPLIES 4

hareeshreddy8686

I'm facing the same installation issue is there any one who can give us a solution? 

I don't know why I am still facing the same issue on my mobille and in installation too. What's the best way to solve this problem? Waiting for a Website response.

Hi,

As per the binaries, we understand that you have installed a 4.4 Enterprise console only and did not upgrade the controller. The new mysql you are seeing is the db of the EC which is introduced in 4.4.

To install the controller of 4.4 version, you will need EC console. Please go through the below documents and try to install the controller.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Upgrade+the+Controller+Using+the+Enterprise+Console

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Jeanie.Kedia
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Has your question been sufficiently addressed and answered? Are you continuing to have an issue? Please let the community know so we can help.