cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I exclude a BT from within All Other Traffic?

Link.Ponder
Builder

Short and sweet, we have a need to exclude a BT from All Other Traffic - TIERNAME but have not figured it out.  Any input on how to get these to ignored so they do not show errors in the dashboard would be helpful.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Eric.Miller
Architect

I think you can do it one of two ways. The first way is to click on the the "Applications" tab, then click on the application with the error you want to ignore. Once you're on the Application Dashboard, you can then click on "Configuration" on the side menu, then "Instrumentation." From there, click on "Error Detetection" and then click on the sub-tab for the language your BT is written in (i.e. java, .Net, php, etc.), and add the BTs to the appropriate "ignore" box (i.e. exception, message, catagories)

The other way is to edit the app-agent-config.xml file in the <agent_home>/<version_number>/conf/app-agent-config.xml folder on your server and edit it out from there so it doesn't even report to the Controller. To do that you can follow this documentation: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Filter+Sensitive+Data

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I am looking at the error detection now, thank you very much for the direction.

Taking what you gave me and munging it with some other work I did with detecting some loadrunner headers...

Example to excllude BTs named /my/example

Configuration -> Instrumentation - Transaction Detection
Add
Agent Type = Java
Entry Point Type = Servlet
Summary tab
Exclude Transactions discovered by this rule
Name = Custom - Exclude /my/example
Priorty = 10
Scope = Default Scope
Rule Configuration tab
URI = Equals : /my/example
Save

Here's some additional documentation that might help:

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Error+Detection

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Yes, perfect.  I have used that for ignoring 400 errors.  I think I am golden with your help.  Thank you Eric.

We are green here and I am learning as I go and will be leveraging the community and sharing in return as we move forward.