cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I suppress all health rules during a particular time on daily basis?

Hi,

I have a couple of questions:

1. How can I suppress all health rules for a particular time on a daily basis

2. Can I create policy like for 6 AM to 6 PM it will go to other people and then 6 PM to next 5:59 AM it will go to different people/Email DL's

3. Can I change the alert timing from UTC to some other?

1 REPLY 1

Philip.Rogers
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

1. As of now, we don't have the option to suppress alerts on a recurring basis. There is an existing enhancement request open for this feature, though I cannot comment on anything further.

2. I would suggest creating Health Rule Schedules. See documentation on this feature here:

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Create+a+Health+Rule#CreateaHealthRule-Create_Manage_HRSc...

Once you have the health rules created (say, health rule #1 6am-6pm, health rule #2 6pm-6am), you can create two matching policies for those health rules. Policy #1 utilizing health rule #1 to email the day shift distribution list, Policy #2 utilizing health rule #2 to email the night shift distribution list.

3. The custom Health Rule Schedule allows you to define a time zone specific to your application, independent of the controller time zone.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.