cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error when trying to run AppDynamics-CMDB-win file

sandeep.s
Builder

Hi Expert Team, 

We're trying to integrate AppDynamics with ServiceNow (Orlando version). 

I got/installed a plugin from ServiceNow store and in step 2 - downloaded the zip file, when trying to run AppDynamics-CMDB-win file it throws me below error.

Appdynamics Error.PNG

Thanks,
Sandeep

^ edited by @Ryan.Paredez - this comment was originally posted on How do I use AppDynamics with ServiceNow? 

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @sandeep.s,

You mentioned having this issue after step 2, can you share the link to the documentation you were following, please.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez 

This is the main link and which states to download Data Sync Utility file.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Integrate+AppDynamics+with+ServiceNow+CMDB+and+Event+Mana...

Data Sync Utility URL : 

https://www.appdynamics.com/community/exchange/appdynamics-servicenow-cmdb-integration/

Wondering data Sync Utility file(s) should be installed by AppDynamics team or ServiceNow team. 

Also could enlighten me what are prerequisites from AppDynamics to set up a connection with ServiceNow.  

Thanks,

Sandeep

ServiceNow Administrator 

Hi @sandeep.s,

I have reached out to our Docs team to see if we can get some clarity on the Docs and or the Knowledge article your comment originally appeared on. I will update this thread when I have more info. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Team , 

Last week our company was able to get hold of AppDynamics expert and had a walk through the documentation . Came to know that these data Utility files will be installing from AppDynamics team end on a server(VM) at the corporate level. Therefore I'm good for now . 

Request : In the documentation if possible could team make modification as "categorize the integration steps based on teams(AppDynamics, ServiceNow)" which would be much clear to beginners.

Thanks,

Sandeep