cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File extension with cluster agent

Vinay.Kumar
Producer

Hi Team,

We have successfully integrated File Extension from Appdynamics/file-monitoring-extension: The AppDynamics File Watcher Extension can be used to provide...

But now we moved to Machine Based agen to Cluster Agent. I want to know how can we deploy the existing extensions in cluster Agent.

Cheers

Vinay Kumar

2 REPLIES 2

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Vinay

When you moved to a Kubernetes platform, as you see the deployment differs from the regular/legacy way of deploying the agents.

The machine agent will be running as a Daemonset  within the K8S cluster, and it will pull a machine agent image by default from the docker repository that AppDynamics provided.

You have a lot of different ways to get the extensions  deployed.

1. You can download the official AppD machine agent docker image from the docker repository, and then create a custom docker image, where you add the relevant config/extensions into the image, and then use your local image repository to pull from for the Daemonset.

2. Another way, is to store the extension config in your local share or repository, and keep the base machine agent image to be pulled from the docker repository and use your Kubernetes configuration to e.g mount the extension folder into the pod when the pod is created.

I am sure there are other ways as well, but we mainly use the 2 methods above to deploy extensions

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

But our operations team is using the cluster agent. Can we hook the file extension to cluster agent.

I am little confused with above options.

Can you share me the steps to configure File Extension in cluster agent.