cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to send agent registration request + Status: 401 Unauthorized

Hi,

I am running into following issue when I try to monitor my k8s cluster using Appdynamics. I verified that my controller key is correct. Any other reason why I would run into this issue?

Thanks,

Raghu

[WARNING]: 2021-01-16 05:27:39 - agentregistrationmodule.go:352 - dev is not a valid namespace in your kubernetes cluster
[INFO]: 2021-01-16 05:27:39 - agentregistrationmodule.go:356 - Established connection to Kubernetes API
[INFO]: 2021-01-16 05:27:39 - agentregistrationmodule.go:68 - Cluster name: TEST
[INFO]: 2021-01-16 05:27:39 - agentregistrationmodule.go:119 - Initial Agent registration
[ERROR]: 2021-01-16 05:27:39 - agentregistrationmodule.go:131 - Failed to send agent registration request: Status: 401 Unauthorized, Body:
[ERROR]: 2021-01-16 05:27:39 - agentregistrationmodule.go:132 - clusterId: -1
[ERROR]: 2021-01-16 05:27:39 - agentregistrationmodule.go:134 - Registration properties: {}

8 REPLIES 8

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Raghavendar Rao.Kota ,

There is an existing community post that looks related, please have a look and let me know if it helped. 

Kubernetes install 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response. I followed the link provided in that post, but still see the issue.

Regards,

Raghu

Hi @Raghavendar Rao.Kota,

Thanks for letting me know. Let's see if the community can jump in and help. If you happen to find any new information or a solution, please come back and share it as a reply to this post.

Thanks,

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi @Raghavendar Rao.Kota,

Did you ever happen to find a fix for this?

^ Posted edited by @Ryan.Paredez to tag the original author

Paul.Gilbody
Explorer

I am having the same issue following an upgrade on OpenShift from the old operator (0.6.11) to v22.11

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Paul.Gilbody,

Given how old this conversation is with no answer, it might be best to contact support or your AppD Rep for this issue. 

How do I submit a Support ticket? An FAQ 

Thanks,

Paul.Gilbody
Explorer

Thanks Ryan - yes already had done.   Resolved now.

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Paul.Gilbody,

Can you share the solution here? Knowledge sharing is a key factor to the success of the community. 

Thanks,