cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not a customer? Start a free trial

Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.

AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.

Controller (SaaS, On Premises)

Event Service snapshot does not restore.

手塚.隆之
Builder

I restore event service snapshot in new cluster.

But can not it.

I set "ad.es.backupmanager.path.repo=<nfs share>" in conf/events-service-api-store.properties All nodes.

And restart event service cluster .

I done "bin/events-service.sh snapshot-configure-fs -p conf/events-service-api-store.properties "command.

I execed below command.

bin/events-service.sh snapshot-restore -p conf/events-service-api-store.properties -id snapshot_20180706105040 -p

But message appear

"Error executing request to event service due to REST status code [500]. For more information, view the event service logs".

" [ERROR]  [dw-123 - PUT /v1/admin/backup/clusters/default/snapshots/latest/restore]  [c.a.a.s.r.e.j.m.UnknownExceptionMapper]  Unknown exception occurred while processing HTTP request." was in logs/ events-service-api-store.log .

What is wrong?

By replying you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the AppDynamics Community.
1 REPLY 1
手塚.隆之
Builder

Re: Event Service snapshot does not restore.

A question about how to restore to a new event service cluster.
The restore succeeded in the following way.

Is the following procedure correct?

1,Install a new event service cluster from the enterprise console.

2,Stop the cluster.

3,Rename the data directory.

4,Create a new data directory.

5,Change "ad.es.backupmanager.path.repo" of "conf / events - service - api - store.properties" to the shared storage where the snapshot is saved.

6,Restart the cluster.

7,Run "bin / events - server.sh snapshot - configure - fs - p conf / events - service - api - store.properties" on each node.

8,Execute "bin / events - server.sh snapshot - restore - p conf / events - service --api - store.properties".