cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating different BT for suburl

Hasan.Basri
Explorer

Hello,

I have a URL with proper business transaction definition, lets call it '/foo'. I'm able montior it well.

I want to monitor another URL which is '/foo/bared' but when I try to create a business transaction and check for live preview, it is masked by the parent URL (/foo) so it doesn't hit to the seperate BT. Is there a way to achieve this?

I tried also creating a custom service endpoint, but I don't see it in service endpoints home page, there is again the parent URL (/foo).

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Hasan

As you mention you have 2 URL's e.g

/foo

/foo/bared

When you create business transaction definitions, make sure that you use the priority settings correctly as well as your matching criteria.

I am not sure if you are using the auto-discovery Java Business transaction definition rule, or if you have created 2 BT Detection rules.

If you created 2 separate rules, double check what your matching criteria is, if you e.g say where URL starts with /foo , make sure the rule for /foo/bared, has a higher priority to ensure it takes priority, as your matching criteria might be matching both rules, and it will take the one with the highest priority first

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A

Thanks for the reply Mario, I appreciate that. 

In my case, /foo URL is detected by auto discover I believe, since there is no specific rule for it. I only added rule for /foo/bared and adjusted the priority to '1'. Since all the others' priorities are 0, I expected the transactions to hit the rule I created, but they didn't. In live preview mode, I see my request masked by /foo BT. I have no idea why this is happening.

Mario.Morelli
Architect

Hi Hasan

That is very strange, it should work if you set it up as you described.

Would it be possible to provide a screenshots of your auto discovery rule, as well as the new rule you created?

Also can you provide a screenshot in live preview, using the "http requests tab" to show the 2 different URL's that are being hit on your application?

Please hide any sensitive data in the screenshots

Ciao

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Learn more about me in the Community Member Spotlight Q & A