cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller doesn't display business transactions

Scott.Laska
Creator

Hi,

I am trying to see some business transactions via the controller but the UI page spinner keeps running and nothing is displayed as soon as I click 'Top Business Transactions' option on the controller. I experience same behavior after I choose 'AppDynamics Agents' or 'Admin' options from the top right navigation bar. Please help.

I am seeing this error in agent log:-

[logback-1] 01 Feb 2021 07:22:52,947 WARN AgentErrorProcessor - Agent error occurred, [name,transformId]=[com.singularity.tm.NewTransactionDelegate - java.lang.NullPointerException,585]
[logback-1] 01 Feb 2021 07:22:52,947 WARN AgentErrorProcessor - 4 instance(s) remaining before error log is silenced
[logback-1] 01 Feb 2021 07:22:52,947 WARN AgentErrorProcessor - 499 instance(s) remaining before instrumentation point is targeted for neutralization
[logback-1] 01 Feb 2021 07:22:52,947 ERROR NewTransactionDelegate - Error in endContinuingTransactionAndRemoveCurrentThread
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.singularity.ee.util.r.a(r.java:46)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.services.transactionmonitor.common.lh.jb(lh.java:1119)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.services.transactionmonitor.common.mf.a(mf.java:234)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.services.transactionmonitor.common.mc.endContinuingTransactionAndRemoveCurrentThread(mc.java:286)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.services.transactionmonitor.l.a(l.java:304)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.services.bciengine.b.onMethodEnd(b.java:59)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.kernel.bootimpl.FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorImpl.safeOnMethodEndNoReentrantCheck(FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorImpl.java:497)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.kernel.bootimpl.FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorImpl.safeOnMethodEnd(FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorImpl.java:425)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.entrypoint.bciengine.FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorBoot.safeOnMethodEnd(FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorBoot.java:124)
at com.singularity.ee.agent.appagent.entrypoint.bciengine.FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorBoot.safeOnMethodEndNormal(FastMethodInterceptorDelegatorBoot.java:107)
at ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.helper.TimeBasedArchiveRemover$ArhiveRemoverRunnable.run(TimeBasedArchiveRemover.java:250)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Nawaz Ali.Mohammad
AppDynamics Team

Hello Scott,

Do you see the agent is sending data to controller ( do you see anything(load, responsetime, errors) in the application dashboard/Tier /Node dashboard.

In Tiers&Nodes do you see the Nodes Health is green?

Yes, I can see application flow map. I can see number of errors, transaction score card application server health appears green. I can see response time and all.

The page displays a spinner after I click top business transactions, transaction snapshots, transaction score, slow response times etc. options. I have restarted the controller many times.

Hello Scott,

I am not 100% sure what could be causing this issue. Is this issue with all applications or is it specific to one application? In Tiers&Nodes do you see the Nodes Health is green?

If you are running an old Controller version, I would suggest you to upgrade to the latest Controller version (21.2).

Are the system requirements in sync with the documentation? I would strongly encourage to raise a support case so that an SME can review the logs.