cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming AppDynamics (Saas) in Cisco Intersight

Andy.Smolenko
Producer

Hello, 

I have issues with integrating (claiming) SaaS AppDynamics instance in Cisco Intersight: the process fails with the following message:

"Discovery failed: CRITICAL: com.vmturbo.mediation.appdynamics.exception.RefreshTokenCredentialException: Credentials are invalid or do not correspond to AppDynamics Controller API requirements."

My instance in the Pro Trial mode now, could it be the reason of the error message?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Andy.Smolenko,

I found some troubleshoot steps, they may not all apply to you.

• Try removing this role (AppDSupportReadOnly) and let us know if you still see the same issue.
  • Try giving admin perms on AppD to svc_intersight

I also saw via a ticket the last time this wasn't working was because of a DNS issue causing connection issues.

Please do let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hello Ryan - 

thank you for your reply and the options provided! 

I opened the ticket with AppDynamics Support Team and they have pointed out on the importance of the username format in Cisco Intersight. It should be username@account. After I corrected the username, the integration worked out like a charm!

Kind regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for following up and sharing that very helpful information. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.