cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications management in AppD

soundarajan
Maker

Hi .,

I'm new to Appdynamics., I've few doubts about working with AppD..

1) I tried installing .net agent in a windows server to instrument some IIS process.

After doing that I got to see some flow maps created automatically in UI. I'm able to understand it compute the application work methodology in an auto manner and built a flow for understanding. 

I've a doubt whether we can able to know from the flow map view itself whether we've any issues in application or do we need to create a separate dashboard for that.?

2) After onboarding an application in APPD, what all the things we can do for an application to make it effective for the ops team to manage it and the application team to view their app status.

Regards,

Soundarajan

1 REPLY 1

alakshya.maheria
Architect

Hi Soundarajan,

I have a doubt whether we can able to know from the flow map view itself whether we've any issues in the application or do we need to create a separate dashboard for that.?

You can view issues from events filter (You can select various events using a filter), Error, or slow transaction snapshots to begin with. 

2) After onboarding an application in APPD, what all the things we can do for an application to make it effective for the ops team to manage it and the application team to view their app status.

- Identify business transactions/URL which are critical for monitoring

- Enable email alerts. There are OOB health rules and you can also create your own health rules.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alakshya