cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proper controller uninstallation procedure

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a bit confused on the exact controller uninstallation procedure. This is a small scale on-prem environment where everything resides on just one virtual machine (controller, events service etc.)

So, in what order I should do an uninstall? Documentation says I should uninstall events service first, but on some other page it says that service is deleted alongside the controller unistall process... And so on. I am confused. :)

3 REPLIES 3

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi,

Are you having event service embedded with the controller? If you have installed the Events Service with the Enterprise Console, it is recommended that you uninstall the Events Service before you uninstall the Controller. An embedded Events Service is uninstalled along with the Controller.

However, you can still go ahead and uninstall event service first and then the controller.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I am still a bit confused, just started to use AppD you know.

I do have everything on just one virtual machine. This is on a Windows OS and enterprise console, event service and the controller are all in there. Now,

If you have installed the Events Service with the Enterprise Console, it is recommended that you uninstall the Events Service before you uninstall the Controller. An embedded Events Service is uninstalled along with the Controller.

this is confusing and maybe I do not understand the terminology. I think I have installed events service with enterprise console and you said that I should first uninstall that first, and the controller separately. In the next sentence you are saying that embedded events service is unistalled alongside controller... My question: what is exactly "embedded events service" ? I thought this thing is when I install events service with enterprise console, but from your response it looks like it is not!

Can you please clarify this to me?

Hi,

Please refer below documentation for details on embedded event service.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Events+Service+Deployment#EventsServiceDeployment-Deploym...

As you have installed the controller and ES using EC, you can go ahead and uninstall ES first and then the controller.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.